Friday 10 February 2012

BTO HDB Opt-In Tiles

If you happen to read this before you have chosen your BTO flat then it will help you decide on whether you want to take up the package offered by HDB using your CPF dollars instead of cash with their "beautiful" tiles offered.



When I first got my queue number and chose my unit in 2008, the officer recommended that i take up the HDB tiles and door package with CPF as it will not burden us further on cash when renovation start, something like partially furnished, without hesitation we signed on the dotted line and took up the package and the nightmare began.

After I collected  my key in 2011 and visited my home then did i realise the tiles, skirting and doors were not what we are looking for. My visual of my modern industrial concept home collapsed and after a quotation for hacking and re-tiling with homogenous tiles for the whole house excluding the toilet gives me a total of eight grand without doing my carpentry works and that is too much for now so i decided to stick with the current tiles.

An advice is to ensure you have already decided in the next three years whether you are going to do minimum renovation and carpentry or are you going to have a theme to your home which requires shiny flooring instead of matt ceramic ones.

1) Consult your friends who have bought HDB before.
2) Read more magazine on Home/Deco, squarerooms and etc...


You can head to Soon Bee Huat at Toh Guan and have a look at their Showroom which is Huge with many tile choices to pick! If you leave the flooring option out from HDB and choosing a affordable tile range, it should cost no more than five grand and its what you like which is most important!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More